Friday, January 23, 2009

Funk...and positive thinking!

The last few days I have been in such a funk (as I have stated before I can get really depressed sometimes about my training) so I am working on positive thinking today! My ankle has really been a pain in my *ss for the last few weeks and I have let it affect me (along with some other personal problems) and I am trying to keep the positive vibe going. Some people don't get why people like me are so negative! Sometimes we have those days where no matter what we do we just cannot seem to get ahead (life, gym etc). I happen to be one of those people that let it bother me and it seems to be hard to shake it. I have some friends who get really upset with me and just don't get it. I guess a lot of it comes from self doubt and not really sure if I can do something. Along this journey I have surprised myself more than once but I always find a way to let that self doubt back in. I do understand when my friends get mad but I also expect them to support me even if they don't get it - but it seems they just get mad and give up on me (which is really not the right thing to do). I am a really great friend even if I don't agree with what they are going through or don't even get it I try and be supportive and not judge.

So my goal this weekend is to reevaluate myself and dig deep for the positive outlook I have on things and not let it get me down. I hope you all never have any doubts and that you all have a great support system in place that will not let you down. To my many friends who do support me through it all (you know who you are) THANKS and even if it seems I don't HEAR ya I really do never doubt that!

"True friendship is like sound health; the value of it is seldom known until it be lost."
- Charles Caleb Colton

4 comments:

Chews to Lose said...

I come by and read your blog almost daily. I don't hear too much negative talk. I do understand the doubt though. It's easy to get sucked into it. I hope that your friends will come around. Some people just don't have to work as hard as others, take it from someone who knows. :-)
I hope you have a terrific weekend and that you find some positive things. Like, all the weight you've lost, the adventures you take in exercise, your family....you get my point. :-)

Anonymous said...

I think its part of being a woman. :-( We worry so much about things that men seem to be able to brush of as "the little stuff" If you are like me the road ahead to get to goal weight seems so long, and anything that gets in our way that is only going to prolong it starts to feel like a HUGE thing. If it makes you feel any better, I'd be just as frustrated.

jules4422 said...

I agree with Chews to Lose - your blog is a daily stop for me (and a daily source of inspiration too!). I don't hear a lot of negative talk - I hear hope, ambition, and stick-to-it-iveness.

You have been working/exercising through some significant pain lately, and that can definitely take a toll. I never gave chronic pain much attention, until I started dealing with it myself. It can create anxiety and doubt on its own. From what I read though, you defeat that doubt virtually every day -- keep up the good fight!

Juice said...

I know how frustrating it is to WANT to exercise and be unable to do it. Take heart, this is a temporary thing and IT WILL PASS. Not as quickly as you'd like, but it will eventually. In the meantime, try to keep that positive attitude. Maybe there is a different exercise you can do that is not as difficult on your ankle (biking, swimming?). Or how about you use this "recovery time" to tackle a project that you might not make time for normally - maybe finally put that photo album in order or something similar. Pick something that will capture your attention and keep your hands busy (so no snacking!).

I'm pulling for you!