Tuesday, May 27, 2008

HOW COULD THEY!!!!!

I was on blogher this morning and I found this blog by one of my favorite blogher bloggers Catherine Morgan.....take a look ........http://www.blogher.com/there-anyone-who-thinks-its-ok-blame-global-warming-fat-people.......These are my thoughts on this subject......:

With all the things that are wrong in the world this is all they can come up with to report in the news? As an obese person who is trying to better her life with a healthier lifestyle I am taking a HUGE offence to this article. Obesity has nothing to due with global warming. It is a condition (if that is what you want to call it) that people battle with everyday and it is personal and is no way shape or form anyone else’s business. As I am writing this, tears are flowing down my face for all the people this affects (me included). We already get blamed for so much and this only makes it worse and I think a lot of people forget we are people with feelings and that we deserve respect and not to be exploited just for a story shame on them!!!!

Mara

3 comments:

laurie said...

Hi Mara, I just wanted to say hi and that I am so impressed with what you are doing. I will be following your progress. Remember to go easy on yourself. Every step forward will make you feel so much better (even, in the beginning, when you might be the only one who notices).

Sara DownToEarth said...

I couldn't agree with you more. The whole idea is so ridiculous that I thought it was someone's idea of a bad joke! (of course that is what I thought about 9/11 when I heard the first news story).

Ageconomist posted about it http://ageconomist.blogspot.com/2008/05/obesity-and-climate-change.html
and his description of the "barbie-thin" ecodisaster at least helped it look as stupid a conclusion as it is.

Anonymous said...

Mara,

Ignore all the noise and continue to focus on your goals. That's the best you can and should keep doing. There's always going to be "something" that offends "somebody." I see it everyday.

Take care,

David from Iowa Avenue