Saturday, August 23, 2008

The little things that count!

Last night I was reminded of the little things that can touch your life and if you are not paying attention you will miss it. I have a friend that I have known for over 13 years and she has a daughter that is 12 (I was there when she was born and over the years she has become the daughter I never had) and in the past few months she has called me a couple of times to check on how I am doing and always ends our calls with I love and miss you. If she only knew how much those words mean to me and how she makes me believe in myself just by saying how proud she is of me while I am on my journey and just how it touches my heart - I think she would be surprised. At 12 years old she is quite the young lady and when I make jokes (as I always do) about my weight and how I need to do better she always tells me you are beautiful the way you are. Children are the most honest people you will ever meet - they tell you like it is so just because you think one way they let you know the truth good or bad. So let this be a lesson for all of us just because we cannot see how beautiful we are take the words of a child and see that you are - I know I do!

No comments: