Wednesday, June 24, 2009

My new passion

Over the last few weeks I have found a new passion - Shredded Wheat! I never really liked it growing up so I just never ate it but one of friends had some at her house and I gave it a second chance and now I am hooked. Now the key to this (if you eat the frosted type) is to watch just how much you eat and be careful and not over do it with the milk either. I have a been eating a bowl every morning for the past 2 weeks and it really fills me up - I normally have eggs toast and some fruit and by 9 am I am starving but with this I seem to stay fuller which I am really excited about. I am also going to look in the natural foods section and see if they have something that is not so high in sugar intake but for now this will do.

Do any of you have a breakfast ritual?



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

my weekday breakfast ritual is 16 whole almonds, 16 reduced fat Wheat Thins, and 2 Laughing Cow light french onion cheese wedges. Delicious and it doesn't get much healthier/low-calorie!

Krissy said...

I do either oatmeal or a veggie omelot every morning... but I do love frosted mini wheats on occasion.

Melanie said...

If you love that, you should try the Fiber One shredded wheat. Yum, Ya Yum, Yum! It's my cereal addiction.

Shelley said...

I used to love Frosted Shredded Mini Wheats! I should take a look at the box and see if I can work it into my meal plan.

My breakfast ritual, one that I've been eating for months now and still have not tired of, is Fage 0% plain Greek yogurt, fresh strawberries, and Kashi Golean Crunch cereal - sets me for quite a long time and I love it!

New&Improved said...

Low fat yogurt and sugarless healthy cereals. Speeds up the metabolism. Yeey for that.

Dutch said...

I have been all over the place with what I am eating for breakfast. I was eating oatmeal and high fiber cereals but lately I have been eating whole wheat english muffins with peanut butter and a banana.

Miz said...

I have a ritual but it doesnt ever include cereal.
for some reason even the HIGH FIBER ones make me, well, they dont MAKE ME :) but I end up eating the whole box over the course of a day.

not so good :)

Chubby Chick said...

Hi. I just discovered your blog. You are really doing great!

Have you tried the Fiber One shredded wheat cereal? Mmm... it is delicious and has a lot of fiber. I love all the Fiber One cereals, actually.

For breakfast... I usually have a 100 Calorie Whole Grain English Muffin with 2 T. natural peanut butter, one cup of orange juice, and a cup of coffee. It really fills me up and is so yummy!

Good luck with your continued weight loss! :)