Saturday, June 14, 2008

Is Bigger always better? and change can be good for you!

One of my friends asked me if I have changed my portion sizes since I have started my new lifestyle change. I was not sure how to answer the question due to the fact that I did change my eating habits along with what I ate but did I really change the portions? I guess I did. I used to eat everything on a really big plate (and always have seconds) and now I seem to eat on a guess you would call it a kids plate ...not sure it would be called that but you get the idea. I have to admit I was kind of taken aback by this question because in the last few weeks I seem to have developed a new habit and I did not even notice it. I mean I LOVE to eat (who doesn't right?) I mean really, who can say they don't love to sit down and have a great meal and just enjoy every bite they are having. But I have to realize that it is not about how much I am eating it is what I am eating that really matters. Since changing my meals I have found that I have exchanged fatty foods for more fruits and veggies and also leaner meats and fish and I also noticed I am starting to try new things. My son has been trying to get me to eat sushi for years.......so last week I tried it and I have to say it was not as bad as I thought it would be. So the moral of my story is you can change and not even know it for the better and meet your goals and be proud of what you have accomplished along the way...so go out and try something new you might be surprised by what happens and also feel great about what you have achieved.

No comments: