I have had some of my friends ask me what the key to a new healthy lifestyle is. I am not an expert I just know what works for me:
1. Exercise: I am the first person to tell you I HATE TO EXCERCISE but to achieve the weight loss and body strength I need it, it is key.
2. Cooking at home: I love to eat out. It is hard to eat out and be healthy all the time, but you will get sick of all the small choices that are given to you when you are out to eat and not enough healthy choices to choose from. So cooking at home is a great why to control your meals and it really is better for you. I seem to look forward to cooking a lot more now. I don't eat out as much anymore and I can see the difference in the way I feel.
3. Losing is going to take time: It is not going to happen over night, believe me. I still cannot believe I have lost 14 lbs in 2 mths. And my cholesterol went down that is HUGE! But it only shows with hard work and determination I have achieved more than I thought I ever would. This means changing your routine at home as well as after work. I work out after work and come home and cook it seems to work best for me. Try something different in your day go home a different way, work out at a different time each day or just pre make your meals ahead of time and then you pop them in the microwave when you get home and no worries.
4. Control: You are in control of what you can and cannot do. You are going to screw up but you just have to get right back up and get back on track. We are only human and mistakes are going to happen don't get frustrated you are accomplishing a great thing by taking on a new healthy lifestyle just remember that and stay positive! I have bad days just like everyone does I LOVE chocolate and it is the one sweet I am having trouble with giving up. I just try and plan ahead but if I fall I fall and that is ok. I can always make it up later with a healthy snack. Just stay focused and you will come out on top.
5. Eat breakfast: I heard on the news last week that a report says if women eat a good breakfast each morning they tend to loss more weight than women who don't. So in my book I am eating breakfast every morning.
6. Fruit: Eat as much fruit as you can stand. I eat fruit a lot of time in place of desert and I have to say I don't miss that piece of cake and I can feel good about my choice.
7. You are not on a diet: Remember you are not on a diet you have made a choice to live a healthier lifestyle. I have people ask me all the time are you on a diet? I say no I live a healthier lifestyle and I choose to eat better and stay on track.
Do you have any tips for a healthier lifestyle? What do you do to stay healthy?
Green Mountain at Fox Fun: All the tears - If I had an American dollar for every tear I’ve leaked in the past couple of days, we’d be able to set up the Shauna Memorial Tears And Snot Scholarship ...
1 week ago