Thursday, September 11, 2008

Doing Well - ready to walk!

Hey everyone just checking in today after my surgery and I am doing better than expected and I even got out and walked 2 miles last night. It was really nice to get out in the great out doors and not be stuck in the gym on the treadmill - a change of scenery was well needed - I took my sweet dog Starbuck (his picture is to the right) and he had a wonderful time also it was nice to be out and about with him and enjoy myself. My stomach is healing well and I should be able to be back 100% next week. I really did miss swimming last night - I have really gotten into the routine with my trainer and I was really sad not to be able to go. But it gives me something to look forward to when I get back into my full routine in the next 10 days.

Tonight I am walking with my friend Cindy and I am looking forward to being outside again. We are going to walk 3 miles so it should be great - I will keep you guys posted on my down time and how I am keeping up my goals and one of them is not to gain any weight during this down time. Thanks for your kind comments - keep them coming!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad your surgery went well. Keep up the walking and good luck on your 5K!

Joy's Journey in Weightloss said...

I hope you are on the mend soon! I am so inspired that you miss exercise! Your posts motivate me to get the exercise going (which I have not done yet!).