Friday, December 5, 2008

Christmas Lights!

Tonight I am going with my friend Dee to see the Christmas lights downtown so I am really excited. I love Christmas it is just the "most wonderful time of year"! Since moving up North last year I have experienced a lot of things that are not traditions in the South and I am just looking forward to spending time with my Friends.

Last night I did go to the gym - thank you guys for all the encouraging words it really does help. I walked 2.5 miles and this weekend I am back on track for my training for the Marathon (going to walk 4 miles) and then a rest day on Monday (yeah). The gym will be waxing the floors next week so no Zumba, Ab class, Bodypump or any activities in the workout room so I am going to focus on my walking and maybe take another Strive class.

Happy weekend everyone!

4 comments:

LastJourneyDown said...

I love the way you handle life when it "shuts down" in one place. You simply plan alternatives (in another locale, in another way)- and with a great spirit! That is so uplifting! Happy Friday to you!

Cynthia Schmidt said...

enjoy your time downtown looking at Christms lights, Mara. You'll be re charged to tackle the 4 miles for your marathon training.

Best to you
Cynthia

Tamzin said...

Hi, just stumbled onto your blog. I enjoyed your very first post also, I'm starting my same journy too. I'll be back to check on your progress!

Cheers
Tamzin

InventingLiz said...

Hi Mara - hope you enjoyed the lights! I left a tag for you over at my blog.