Saturday, January 31, 2009

Open Eyes!

The last few days have been working on my PT program and getting my ankle back on track. As of today the pain is about 80% (since it has been about 100% that is pretty good). Between my exercises and the patch I think I have come across what might work for me. Last night I bumped into one of the Managers of the gym I go to after we said hello he proceeded to ask me where I have been - now most of you know I usually go to the gym everyday and since training for the Marathon it has been a lot of time and sweat. After I laughed and proceeded to tell him about my ankle he let me know that I need to get back in the gym and do some pool exercises lol! I let him know I actually had printed out the schedule for February and found some interesting things I would like to do and that means I will be getting reacquainted with my gym next week. It felt really nice to see someone who really noticed me not being at the gym - I never really thought anyone would care but it just goes to show just when you think know one is around they are watching you!

Today I am off to work on some "house" errands have lunch with a Friend and get ready for the Super Bowl tomorrow - I just wanted to say thank you to all of you for your kind words these last few weeks I appreciate the support (it was much needed) and for letting me know this goal might pass but that there are so many more for me to accomplish in the coming months!

4 comments:

Martine (email: mdally@internode.on.net) said...

I do love your blog and details of your exercise routine, which is inspiring me to get into the exercise a bit more. A Aussie is playing in the Superbowl for the first time - we are all anxious to see how he goes. Anyway, please feel free to look at my blog every now and again. Martine x

SeaShore said...

Glad to hear you're on the mend and the pain is diminishing.

That's nice that the gym manager a) noticed your absence, and b) had a helpful suggestion to help you get back to your routine.

Lynn said...

I love the name of your blog! I recently started working out at a gym...and have enjoyed it a lot. I look forward to reading about your progress!

Juice said...

Yay for getting back to the gym. I hope you find some wonderful pool exercises!!