Friday, March 27, 2009

Request and life questions?

Yesterday I got a call from one of my dearest friends she was really upset and wanted to tell me something. She has Parkinson's disease (an advance case). Let me give you a little back ground: She has been having headaches for over 7 months and has been to so many Doctor's she cannot even keep track. Finally she was referred to a Neurologist who told her that when Doctor's look at patients and do all the test that they take the first symptoms they find and treat it and move on. When we would discuss her symptoms and how it was only getting worse (the first Doc she went to told her she had TMJ) and worse I had suggested (and she agreed) that she should continue seeking the answer. I am so sad for my friend she has a 13 year old daughter and Husband and she is in early 30's (her Doc told her it is rare for someone her age to even have this disease). Since she told me I have been feeling unsure about life right now is it fair or not? Do we learn from our mistakes and also from what is handed to us in life? They say God only gives you what you can handle - really?

I know these are excellent questions and should I really be questioning them anyway? The last few weeks have been stressful and I am starting to feel the effects on my body. I already have trouble sleeping and my head turning off at night and with all the added stress I have endured in the last few weeks I am just waiting for the other shoe to drop! I have no right to complain my friend is fighting for her life and I am worrying about things that will work out in the end but she has a lifetime of not knowing what will come.

Please say a prayer for my Friend she is a gem and needs all the support she can get right now. Enjoy your family and friends this weekend and lets all remember it could always be a lot worse for any of us at anytime.


"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sending up a prayer for her and her family and friends!

Life isn't always "fair". God never said it would be. I wish I had a better answer for when bad things happen to good people though!

Unknown said...

Im sorry to hear about your friend. :(

I always say life life to the fullest. Like you said it could be a lot worse for us at anytime.

Stay strong!

Dee said...

I'm so sorry about your friend.:( I hope things start looking up for you as well. Life is so hard and so unfair.