Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Neglected

Yesterday was a pretty good day (my ankle is still not working right ) but I am refocusing on my eating habits. As I have said many times in the past few months I have neglected it as well as they gym. I am a salad person I LOVE IT!!! So each day for lunch my goal is to eat a salad with some protein and keep it on course for the rest of the month. I was once told to keep a habit you have to be consistent for at least 28 days so that is what my goal is for the month. I figure I have to start somewhere and since my ankle is keeping me from doing my routine at the gym I can at least work on my eating habits again. But chocolate again is my enemy why is it so tuff to give it up - I know I know it is chocolate!!!!! and my weakness lol!!!

5 comments:

Shelley said...

You go, Mara...salads are my mainstay for dinner most nights and I know they are helping me to stay full and yet still lose weight! As for the chocolate - I have 2 Dove dark chocolate promises just about every evening. 84 calories. Yes, I should cut back, but I don't wanna! Like you said - it's chocolate!!!

Anonymous said...

I love salads too. Couldn't do this journey without them: I have at least one a day. :)

Hey, have you tried giving up most/all artificial sweeteners? I find that when I do, after about 3 or 4 days, ALL sugar/chocolate cravings literally disappear! Might give it a go. ;)

Have a GREAT day!

Diane, Fit to the Finish said...

I think salads are a wonderful, both during dieting and beyond.

Even though I've lost 150 pounds, I still enjoy chocolate frequently. In small amounts, but frequently...

All Women Stalker said...

Aahh chocolate, that dark, delicious devil. Stay strong, Mara.

-meream

MizFit said...

or start slowly by always pairing the dark chocolate with chicken? turkey? cheese?

alas Im not jesting :)